Plum Flower Glehnia Root
Bei Sha Shen
Pinyin Name: Bei Sha Shen
English Name: Glehnia Root
Properties: sweet, cool
Channels Entered: Lungs, Stomach
Clear lung heat, nourish the Yin, moisten dryness, blood-streaked sputum, non-productive dry cough, nourish Stomach, generate body fluids, tonify Liver yin and tonify Kidney yin are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Nourishes Yin and Clears the Lung
- Glehnia treats Lung yin deficiency with fire that manifests as dry mouth, dry throat, dry nasal cavity, loss of voice, sore throat, dry cough with no sputum, scanty difficult to expectorate sputum, blood streaked sputum.
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cough from Lung heat, sticky, scanty yellow sputum
- Lung yin deficiency with dryness and rising deficiency fire
- Cough with blood or blood streaked sputum
Nourishes the Stomach and Nourishes Body Fluids
Manifestations can include constipation, dry throat, dry red tongue and thirst.
- Chronic stomach yin deficiency
- Chronic stomach yin deficiency with poor appetite
- Chronic stomach yin deficiency with Spleen Qi deficiency
Tonifies the Liver Yin and Kidney Yin
Manifestations can include Blood and Qi stagnation or dryness that causes acid reflux, dry mouth and throat, hypochondriac pain and red tongue.
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
2 to 3 grams per day or as directed by your wellness coach.
Cautions & Contraindications
Bei Sha Shen is contraindicated for cough from wind cold, cold damp or deficiency and cold in the Spleen and Stomach.
Each bottle contains 100 grams. Contains non-gmo dextrin.
Glehnia Root - Bei Sha Shen
Products Featuring This Herb:
Autumn Rain Teapills
Linking Decoction Teapills
Quiet Cough Teapills