Organic Hard Red Winter Wheat Berries 5 Pounds
have a cooling thermal nature, sweet and salty flavor, is a yin tonic, nurtures the heart, calms and focuses the mind. It treats a wide range of stress related symptoms such as palpitations, insomnia, irritability, menopause related imbalances, emotional instability and aids mental health, supports the spleen-pancreas, liver and kidney.
Wheat encourages growth, weight gain and the formation of fat making it especially good for children and frail people. It is mildly astringent making it useful for bed wetting, spontaneous sweats, night sweats and diarrhea. It also quenches thirst and moistens a dry mouth or throat.
Wheat contains twelve B Vitamins, Vitamin E, protein, essential fatty acids, zinc, iron, copper, manganese, magnesium and phosphorus. Wheat balances vata and pitta.
Hard Red Winter Wheat can be used to grow wheat grass to make wheat grass juice.
- In a wide mouth jar, soak 1/2 cup of wheat seed for 12 hours per tray of wheat grass.
- Let seeds sprout for 12 hours.
- Prepare planting tray with healthy, clean topsoil for planting.
- Spread sprouted wheat seeds over topsoil and spray with a spray bottle of water.
- Cover tray and place in a dark area for three days.
- On the fourth day uncover the tray, water the sprouts and place the tray in indirect sunlight.
- Continue watering everyday or every other day depending on your climate to keep it moist.
- In 5-7 days, when the wheat grass reaches 5-8 inches in height, harvest it by cutting close to the roots with a pair of scissors.
- Juice in a greens juicer as soon as possible after harvesting and enjoy!
- It is best to cut only what you are going to juice and to use the wheat grass as soon as possible after harvesting. If you over harvest, the unused grass can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered glass bowl or plastic bag.
Remember, greens are high in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is is high in oxygen. Disease cannot live in the presence of oxygen.
Origin: United States
This item will be added to your shopping cart order in 5 pound increments. Subject to availability.
When buying 25 pound increments of this item, bulk food discounts will be applied as follows:
Any Combination 100 lbs. or more and receive a 10% product discount
Any Combination 300 lbs. or more and receive a 15% product discount
Any Combination 500 lbs. or more and receive a 20% product discount
Any Combination 700 lbs. or more and receive a 25% product discount