Wu Wei Zi
Pinyin Name: Wu Wei Zi
English Name: Schizandra, Schizandra
Properties: sour, warm
Channels Entered: Kidney, Lung, Heart, Liver, Spleen
Leaking lung qi, cough, asthma, spontaneous sweating, excessive loss of body fluids, chronic diarrhea, early morning diarrhea, spermatorrhea, nocturnal emissions, urinary incontinence, yin deficiency, blood deficiency, palpitations, anxiety, insomnia and dream disturbed sleep are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Contains the Leakage of Lung Qi, Arrests Cough, Nourishes the Kidney
Chronic dry cough may cause yin and qi deficiencies of the lung and Kidney
- Chronic cough, dyspnea or asthma
- Chronic consumptive cough
- Cough due to wind cold
Generates Body Fluids, Inhibits Sweating
When Lung qi and wei (defensive) qi are unable to control the pores, body fluids leak out and spontaneous sweating occurs any time of the day
- Spontaneous Sweating
- Spontaneous sweating and night sweating with qi deficiency
Yang qi rises to circulate in the wei qi levels during the day and returns to the nutritive and blood levels at night. If deficient yin or jing cannot keep the yang in check, yang pushes yin or jing outwards (sweating) when yang returns to the ying and xue levels at night
- Excessive loss of body fluids
- Liver and Kidney yin deficiency
Binds Kidney Jing (Essence), Stops Diarrhea and Spermatorrhea
- Chronic diarrhea causing Spleen yang deficiency, jing deficiency and Large Intestine qi deficiency
- Early morning diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea with undigested food
Spermatorrhea, nocturnal emissions
- Inability of Kidney to retain jing (essence) because of deficiency
Polyuria or urinary incontinence
- Excessive urination caused by inability of Kidney qi to retain urine
- Urine light in color without burning
Tranquilizes the Heart, Calms the Spirit
- Yin and blood deficiency
- Palpitations, anxiety, insomnia and dream disturbed sleep
Concentration: 8:1, 9% Schizandrins.
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1/4 to 1 gram per day or as directed by your wellness coach.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Wu Wei Zi is contraindicated in the initial stages of common colds, cough, rashes or any exterior imbalance since it may trap pathogens inside the body
- It is also contraindicated in excess imbalances such as damp heat, damp phlegm, Liver fire, wind heat or rashes that have not cleared
- Two rare cases of adverse reactions associated with Wu Wei Zi have been reported. following ingestion of an herbal decoction containing We Wei Zi, one case reported palpitations, shortness of breath, chest congestion, increased heart rate and pre-ventricular contraction. and case two reported respiratory suppression.
Price is $259.00 for 1 kilogram. Minimum order quantity is 5 kilos and requires 5 days lead time. 10% discount applies.
This is a different product than the 200 gram packages.