Pinyin Name: Yuan Zhi
English Name: Polygala, thin-leaf milkwort root, Siberian milkwort root
Properties: acrid, bitter, slightly warm
Channels Entered: Lung, Heart
Restlessness, palpitations, insomnia, nocturnal emissions, spermatorrhea, forgetfulness, lack of concentration, excessive dreaming, expel heart phlegm, seizures, hearing loss, mental disorientation, emotional disorientation, lung phlegm, cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, boils, abscesses, sores and swollen breasts are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Pacifies the Heart and Calms the Spirit Disturbed shen with insomnia
Heart and Kidney deficiencies
- Weakness of the Kidney and Heart that result in symptoms of nocturnal emissions, spermatorrhea and forgetfulness
- Forgetfulness, memory loss or inability to concentrate
- Excessive dreaming
Expels Phlegm and Clears the Orifices
- Phlegm obstructing the Heart and orifices
- Seizures or hearing loss from phlegm blocking the orifices
- Mental or emotional disorientation
Expels Phlegm from the Lung
- Phlegm in the Lung
- Cough with white sputum rising from cold
- Bronchitis, pneumonia and other respiratory disorders
Reduces Abscesses and Dissipates Swellings
- Swollen and painful breasts caused by phlegm obstructing the channels and collaterals (made into a paste to be applied topically)
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1/2 to 1 gram per day or as directed by your wellness coach.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Because Yuan Zhi is drying in nature, use it with caution in individuals experiencing heat symptoms or hot phlegm
- Use Yuan Zhi with caution in individuals who have gastritis, peptic or duodenal ulcers. Gan Cao (Radix Glycyrrhizae) can be added to ease the irritating effect Yuan Zhi has on the stomach and to prevent nausea and vomiting.
Price is $212.00 for 1 kilogram. Minimum order quantity is 5 kilos and requires 5 days lead time. 10% discount applies.