Plum Flower Zizyphus Seed, Raw
Suan Zao Ren
Pinyin Name: Suan Zao Ren
English Name: Zizyphus, Spiny Date Seed
Properties: sweet, neutral
Channels Entered: Heart, Liver
Nourish the heart, difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, excessive dreaming, shallow sleep, easily awaken, poor appetite, forgetfulness, irritability, bad temper, insomnia, palpitations, dizziness, tinnitus, vertigo, night sweats, thirst and dry mouth are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Nourishes the Heart and Calms the Spirit
The Heart dominates blood and the Spleen produces blood. Insomnia or difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, palpitations, excessive dreaming, shallow sleep with a tendency to wake easily, fatigue, poor appetite, forgetfulness and sallow complexion are all symptoms of a deficient Spleen not producing sufficient blood to nourish the Hear and Shen.
- Shen disturbances due to Spleen and Heart deficiencies
The Liver stores the blood necessary to nourish the Shen of the Heart. When the Liver yin is deficient one may experience irritability, bad temper, insomnia, palpitations, dizziness, tinnitus and vertigo, night sweats, thirst, dry mouth and a wiry thready pulse.
- Shen disturbance due to Liver yin deficiency
Insomnia, palpitations, thirst with dry mouth and throat due to Kidney yin deficiency with inability to nourish the Heart. Other symptoms may include nocturnal emissions in men, forgetfulness, dry stools, ulcers on the tongue, a red tongue with scanty coating and a thready rapid pulse.
- Shen disturbance due to Heart and Kidney deficiencies
- Spontaneous or night sweating due to qi deficiency or yin deficiency
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
2 to 3 grams per day or as directed by your wellness coach.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Suan Zao Ren is contraindicated when insomnia is caused by excess heat or by hot phlegm accumulation
- Use with caution in cases of diarrhea or an exterior imbalance
- Use of this herb may cause drowsiness and sedation.
- Use with caution during pregnancy as it stimulates contraction of the uterus.
Each bottle contains 100 grams.
Zizyphus Seed - Suan Zao Ren
Products Featuring This Herb:
Emperor's Teapills Economy Size
Peaceful Sleep Teapills
Return the Spleen Formula Teapills
Return the Spleen Formula Teapills Economy Size