Plum Flower Prunella Vulgaris Spike
Xia Ku Cao
Pinyin Name: Xia Ku Cao
English Name: Prunella Flower, Fruit Spike of common Self-Heal
Properties: bitter, acrid, cold
Channels Entered: Liver, Gallbladder
Clear Liver fire, clear hot phlegm, disperse stagnation, resolve nodules and lower blood pressure are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Clears Liver Fire
- Has dispersing and heat clearing functions where there is Liver or Gallbladder fire rising
- Liver fire with eye disorders.
- Liver fire with blood deficiency
- Liver qi stagnation causing enlarged liver and inflammation such as in hepatitis and hepatomegaly
Clears Hot Phlegm, Disperses Stagnation and Resolves Nodules
In TCM abnormal accumulations of heat, toxins and phlegm can occur. When accompanied by qi stagnation the masses harden
- Swollen glands
- Lumps or nodules
Lowers Blood Pressure
- Hypertension associated with Liver fire and Liver fire rising
- Redness, swelling and eye pain caused by hypertension
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
2 to 3 grams per day or as directed by your wellness practitioner.
Cautions & Contraindications
Xia Ku Cao is cold in thermal nature so it should be used with caution by those with Spleen and Stomach deficiencies.
Each bottle contains 100 grams.
Prunella Flower - Xia Ku Cao
Products Featuring This Herb:
Internal Disperse Scrofula Pills