Plum Flower Gentiana
Long Dan Cao
Pinyin: Long Dan
English Name: Gentiana Scabra Root
Properties: bitter, cold
Channels Entered: Liver, Gallbladder, Stomach
Jaundice, eczema, thirst, no appetite, abdominal fullness, genital itching and swelling, foul-smelling yellow leukorrhea, yellow scanty urine, hypochondriac pain, headache, deafness, red eyes, help treatment of reproductively transmitted diseases, infectious hepatitis, seizures, convulsions, redness, swelling, and pain in the eyes are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Clears Heat and Dries Dampness
Damp heat in the liver and gallbladder
Jaundice, eczema, thirst, no appetite, abdominal fullness, genital itching and swelling, foul-smelling yellow leukorrhea, and yellow scanty urine. Hypochondriac pain, headache, deafness, and red eyes. Excellent for treatment of reproductively transmitted diseases, infectious hepatitis, and jaundice
- Damp heat in the liver and gallbladder
Sedates Liver Heat
Rising liver fire, manifestations including high fever, burning hypochondriac pain, a bitter taste in the mouth, dry throat, redness of the eyes, deafness or severe tinnitus, ear pain or discharge, headache, irritability, short temper, insomnia or nightmares and constipation with yellow urine
- Seizures and convulsions
- Redness, swelling, and pain in the eyes
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1/2 to 1-1/2 grams per day or as directed by your wellness practitioner.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Use of Long Dan Cao is contraindicated in individuals who have deficiency and cold of the spleen and stomach, qi or blood deficiency.
- Take in small doses, before meals
- Large doses are sometimes associated with side effects such as headache, facial flushing, and dizziness
- The use of this herb may be associated with possible drowsiness and sedation. Exercise caution if driving or operating heavy machinery
At low doses (less than 1 gram) Long Dan Cao stimulates the stomach to increase production of gastric acid and improves digestion. At large doses Long Dan Cao irritates the stomach and causes side effects such as lack of appetite, nausea and vomiting.
Each bottle contains 100 grams.
Gentiana - Long Dan Cao
Products Featuring This Herb:
Clear Channels Teapills
Cool Bones Teapills
Great Invigorator Teapills
Joint Inflammation Teapills
Snake & Dragon Teapills
Solitary Hermit Teapills