Plum Flower Asparagus Root
Tian Men Dong
Pinyin Name: Tian Men Dong
English Name: Asparagus Root
Properties: sweet, bitter, very cold
Channels Entered: Kidney, Lungs
Clear lung heat and sedate fire, nourish the Yin, moisten dryness, fever, aversion to wind and cold, chest pain, blood-streaked sputum and non-productive dry cough are some of the imbalances satisfied clients have used this product for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Clears Lung Heat and Sedates Fire
- Tian Men Dong moistens dryness, is very cold, and is best used to clear Lung heat and sedate fire characterized by fever, aversion to wind and cold, chest pain and blood-streaked sputum or hemoptysis. Benefits cases in which pathogenic dryness has attacked the Lung and is causing symptoms of a non-productive dry cough.
- Wind heat attack with dryness
- Mild dry cough
- Moderate dry cough
- Chronic dry cough
- Chronic cough due to lung heat with scanty yellow, difficult to expectorated sputum
Nourishes the Yin and Moistens Dryness
- Benefits chronic febrile disorders injuring the yin
- Benefits yin and qi deficiencies, steaming bones sensations, flushed cheeks and night sweats
- Benefits wasting and thirsting syndrome in upper, middle and lower jiao with polydipsia
- Good for chronic respiratory disorders such as tuberculosis or cancer
- Best used to treat constipation caused by dryness and heat accumulation
- Also benefits constipation due to yin deficiency and blood deficiency
- Benefits sore throat due to deficient fire or Lung heat
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1 to 3 grams per day or as directed by your wellness coach.
Cautions & Contraindications
The use of this herb is contraindicated where there is diarrhea due to deficiency and cold of the middle jiao or cough due to wind cold.
Note: Since Dendrobium has become difficult to import, Ophiopogon paired with Asparagus Root have been used as a worthy substitute.
Each bottle contains 100 grams. Contains sulfites
Asparagus Root - Tian Men Dong
Products Featuring This Herb:
Emperor's Teapills Economy Size
Replenish the Root Teapills