Plum Flower Burdock Fruit
Niu Bang Zi
Pinyin Name: Niu Bang Zi
English Name: Burdock Fruit, Arctium Lappa Fruit, Achene of Great Burdock, Fructus Actii
Properties: bitter, acrid, cold
Channels Entered: Lungs, Stomach
Dispel wind, clear heat, eliminate toxins, vent rash, headache, fever, wind-heat affecting the lung are some of the conditions satisfied clients have successfully used this herb for.
Primary Traditional Functions
Dispels Wind, Clears Heat
Due to Niu Bang Zi's cold nature it dispels wind-heat with toxins or early stage fever. Niu Bang Zi is commonly used in China against wind-heat that affects the lungs with fever, headache and/or sore, swelled, painful throat with cough and yellow phlegm.
- Sore throat
- Cough and phlegm
Eliminate Toxins and Vent Rashes
Dispels wind-heat toxins causing various skin disorders
- Acute feverish rashes
- Measles in cases of incomplete eruption
Clears Heat, Eliminates Toxins in the Throat
- Acute tonsillitis
- Sore throat with severe pain and swelling
Typical Usage of Concentrated Extract
1 to 2 grams per day or as directed by your health practitioner.
Cautions & Contraindications
- Due to Niu Bang Zi's cold thermal nature it should only be used in cases of heat and excess syndromes
- Niu Bang Zi is contraindicated when there is Spleen qi deficiency with loose stools
- Niu Bang Zi has been shown to lower plasma glucose levels and should be used with caution by individuals so affected
- Niu Bang Zi has been shown to eliminate effects of some toxic metabolites
Each bottle contains 100 grams. Contains non-gmo dextrin.
Burdock Fruit - Niu Bang Zi
Products Featuring This Herb:
Universal Benefit Teapills
Yin Chiao Chieh Tu Classic Tea
Yin Chiao Powder